The Board of Fire Commissioners for the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District, Round Lake, Illinois, is seeking qualified applicants to establish a hiring eligibility list. Applications must be submitted on or before 4:00 p.m. local time on August 24, 2018 using this form. Minimum eligibility requirements have been established for this position by the Board of Fire Commissioners and/or applicable State statutes:
- •Applicant must be at least 21 years of age at the time of testing and shall be under the age of thirty-five (35) years of age at the time of application, unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in (70 ILCS 705/16.06) or 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6).
- Applicant must possess a high school graduation diploma or GED equivalent.
- Applicant must have a valid drivers' license.
- Applicant must submit with their completed application proof of a current (being not more than one year of the last date that applications are accepted) and valid CPAT card with ladder certification.
- Applicant must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health as an EMT-Paramedic or has completed paramedic training and awaiting the licensure exam as certified by the EMS system where the training was conducted.
- Applicant must be certified by the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal to the level of Firefighter II or Firefighter Basic.
Applicants will be required to attend the following sessions, or be disqualified:
- A mandatory orientation session to be conducted on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 (time to be announced).
- The written examination to be held on Saturday, September 8th (time to be announced).
- Interviews before the Board of Fire Commissioners and Chiefs Assessment to be held on Saturday, September 15th (time to be announced).
Applicants must be of good moral character and meet all requirements of the Board of Fire Commissioners and the State of Illinois. Applicants must successfully complete all phases of testing to be placed upon the eligibility list. Placement upon the eligibility list does not guarantee future employment with the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District.
Persons requiring assistance completing the application may telephone or visit the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District Station One Administrative Offices: 409 W. Nippersink Road, Round Lake, Illinois (847-546-6001), Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Completed applications must be submitted to our office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24, 2018.
The Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, origin, handicap or disability in accordance with federal law. In addition, the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction it maintains facilities. This Application for Employment is the first step of the testing process. Please read each question carefully before answering and answer each question accurately. The application is not the sole criterion for hiring, various procedures are utilized to verify the accuracy of the information that you have provided. An applicant may be disqualified from further processing, employment, and/or terminated after appointment for failing to complete this form, or if he/she intentionally makes a false statement of material fact, practices, or attempts to practice, any deception or fraud in this application, examination, hiring process or appointment.
THIS APPLICATION IS TO BE COMPLETED BY THE APPLICANT ONLY.